Monday, September 24, 2007

Just saying Hello!

Hello everyone. I just joined the knitalong today. I bought the magazine last week, ordered yarn from Elann, and cast on today. I despise ribbing, so I can't wait to get it out of the way and get to the good stuff. If anyone is searching for a good yarn substitute, the Elann Devon yarn is absolutely wonderful! Although there were a ton more colors last week when I ordered than there are right now. But it's sportweight, and I had no problem getting gauge. So happy to be joining everyone here, and can't wait to see everyone's progress.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Welcome! I just took a look at your blog and see that you posted the Devon colors, as well as your partial swatch. Those colors look like they work very well--and close to the Louet Gems colors even!

Congrats on getting gauge, and I can't wait to see more of your sweater. :)

rarabecca said...

welcome to the group! I haven't got past the 9 inches of horrid ribbing, but it does go quick. I can't wait to get to the color work either. Love the yarn you picked out. I think it will turn out lovely. Good luck and we shall all triumph over the ribbing!!

Knittymuggins said...

Welcome! Thanks for posting about the Elann yarns! Too bad I already shelled out a small fortune for the Louet :) But maybe if I make another one. Can't wait to see how it works up!